Workshops and Professional Development
Please find below an outline of all current workshops and professional development opportunities that we have to offer. Check this space regularly, as this section will be updated as new workshop dates are confirmed!
Who can attend Glasswing Therapy workshops?
- Child care employees
- Primary school staff
- High school staff
- Rehabilitation staff
- Home school educators
- Health professionals
- Other organisations who work with children
How do we register for a workshop?
- Send us an enquiry and let us know which workshop you would be interested in.
- Once we have received interest in a workshop we will set a date to allow other parents and professionals to register for the workshop.
- Attendees will be notified by phone/email of workshop details.
A certificate of attendance will be provided for all workshop participants at the end of each session.
Discounts for groups of 5 or more people apply to workshop attendees. Please send us an enquiry with number of attendees and we will provide a quote.
Which workshops are available?
- Introduction to speech and language development (1 hour)
- Understanding Childhood Apraxia of Speech (1 hour)
- Understanding Central Auditory Processing Disorder (1 hour)
- Understanding the nature and treatment of stuttering (1 hour)
- Launching children into the world of literacy (2 hours)
- Facilitating language development in young children (2 hours)
- Managing communication disorders in the classroom (1 hour)
- Communication strategies for aged care settings (2 hours)
- Communication strategies for children and adolescents with hearing impairments (1 hour)
- Voice care for teachers (1 hour)
- Dementia wellbeing program (1 hour sessions, 3 x per week for 4 weeks)
More details regarding workshop content coming soon