Beginning your NDIS journey...
Glasswing Therapy are proud to be registered providers under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). We have a wide range of therapists, developmental educators, and support coordinators to help you every step of the way! See below for an outline of NDIS related services that we are able to provide.
If you’re just starting your NDIS journey, there will be a few things you need to consider. Fortunately you don’t have to do this alone, and our staff are availble to help make your journey as simple as possible.
We are here to support you to:
- Understand the NDIS and how it works
- Find out if you’re eligible
- Identify goals and aspirations that the NDIS may fund
- Put together the documents you need for your application
- Apply for the NDIS
- Connect with therapists and providers who will support you towards achieving your goals and aspirations
You can meet with us at our office in Banora Point or even your own home, to help make your NDIS plan a reality.
How to prepare and register for the NDIS
- Use the My Access Checker or call the NDIA on 1800 800 110 to ask if you or your family member is eligible for the NDIS and what you can do prepare. You can find this My Access Checklist on the NDIS website. Visit: http://www.ndis.gov.au/ndis-access-checklist
Support Coordination includes: linking people to the right providers, assistance with sourcing providers, coordinating supports, building informal supports, resolving points of crisis, parental training, developing a person’s resilience, and connections within their own networks and community.
Useful NDIS terminology to become familiar with
Access Request Form (ARF): To access and apply for the NDIS, the NDIA need to know some information about the applicant. The access request form provides the NDIA with the information they need to find out if a person can become an NDIS participant.
Plan Management is one of the ways you can manage your NDIS funding package. You have three options:
- Manage your own funds (self-management)
- Get a professional to do it (plan-management)
- Let the NDIA do it (agency-management)
- A combination of the above.
You will need to say in your planning meeting how you want to manage your NDIS funding package – and you can choose a mix of these options in a way that best suits you.
Choosing a Plan Manager can be a great way of getting the benefits of self management, but with someone to assist with the financial side of things. At Glasswing Therapy we have a dedicated plan management service delivered by a qualified book keeper.
NDIA ‘About Me’ Pre-Planning Booklet
This pre planning booklet is designed to be used as you prepare for your planning and assessment conversation (planning meeting) with the NDIA. It is a guide to help you think about how you would like to live your life in the future. It also looks at your life at the moment, what is important to you, the supports you currently have in place, and your social and economic participation.
This booklet will help you think about what supports need to be in your NDIS Plan and looks at 4 main sections:
- About me: Who I am
- My world: Where I world, live, socialise belong or connect
- My dreams: How I want my life to be
- My focus: What is most important to me now
Download HERE from the resources section of our website.
Choosing Glasswing Therapy as your NDIS service provider
Once your NDIS application is approved, you can choose Glasswing Therapy as your NDIS service provider - meaning that the services we provide for you will be covered by NDIS funding.
Whether you want to learn new skills, live a more independent life, improve participation in the community, or build friendships and connections, our staff will support you to develop an individualised plan to help you achieve your goals.
Glasswing Therapy can assist with:
- Early childhood intervention
- Life skills and personal activities
- Physical activity and well-being
- Getting involved in social and community activities
- Assessing and training in assistive technology
- Managing life stages, transitions, and supports
- Integrating into school or other education programs
- Therapeutic and innovative supports
- Specialised assessment on skills, needs, and abilities
Talk to our NDIS support team on 07 5524 6538 or send an email to email@example.com to find out more!
NDIS eligibility requirements:
Your eligibility for access to the NDIS will be assessed by the National Disability Insurance Agency.
You are eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) if you:
- are under 65 years of age, and
- are an Australian citizen or resident or permanent visa holder, and
- meet the disability or early intervention requirements.